Donald Paul Hurlburt
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Date: 2 Apr 1871
- Location: Poultney, VT, USA
With Olive Sarah Wright
- Marion Vera Hurlburt
- Roderic Wright Hurlburt (b 30 Aug 1906 d 1986 - Reverend in UCC, lived in Southampton, MA)
- Bennington, VT (1880 US Census)
- Bangor, Maine
- Etta M Sherman
- Olive Sarah Wright (married 24 Mar 1901)
- Date: 7 May 1961
- Burial: Weybridge Hill Cemetery, Weybridge, VT (Wright Lot)
- Grew up in Bennington, VT
- Was a pastor in the UCC near Weybridge, VT. Although it didn't become the UCC until right before his death. I believe the branch he came from was the Congregational part of the UCC and he probably would have identified more closely with that.
- From My Faith Journey 1997 by Ruth Marilyn Brandon:
- My father (Ralph Aaron Brandon), my uncle (Roderic Wright Hurlburt), my grandfather (Donald Paul Hurlburt) were all ministers of the Christian and later Congregational Christian churches, my uncle continuing on into the United Church of Christ.
- Another exception (to relatives who were not actively demonstrating or publicly organizing) was my grandfather (Donald Paul Hurlburt), who until his death was very activist with the Prohibition Party. It was also from my grandfather that I learned what I much later discovered was considered an ethnic national anthem of the black community. Long before the sixties, in Vermont, where I had not yet met a black person, I was already joyfully singing that song of determination and faith, Lift Every Voice and Sing.
- http://family.creitz.com/individual.php?pid=I4296&ged=Family.GED (Must manually cut and paste address)
- Email from email@example.com 2006-04-08 19:54:55 UTC
- Email from firstname.lastname@example.org 2003-05-07 02:35:12 UTC
- Email from email@example.com 2003-05-14 02:19:27 UTC
- Email from firstname.lastname@example.org 2003-05-15 01:32:17 UTC
- Email from email@example.com 1999-09-11 03:14:24 UTC including SAM Notes
- Rootsweb "Bullard, Watson, and Allied Families" (link now bad)
- FamilySearch 1880 US Census
- FamilySearch Pedigree Resource File
- Email from firstname.lastname@example.org 2006-03-27 03:43:11 UTC
- Email from email@example.com 2006-04-09 01:49:06 UTC including My Faith Journey 1997(10pt).doc
- Email from firstname.lastname@example.org 2006-06-01 00:48:53 UTC
- The Wright Lot in Weybridge Hill Cemetery is in C row easily distinguishable because the major monument has tall maple trees growing on each side of it
- Posted on Abulsme.com on 4 Jul 2006.
- Email from Ruth Marilyn Brandon indicates thsat DPH was borning in Bennington, but other info indicates that he was born in Poultney and just livied in Bennington while young.