Robert G Brandon
This page is part of the Genealogy Research being done by Samuel Antonio Minter. It represents the best information I have at this time on this individual. This site is a Wiki open to be edited by anyone. If you see errors, or have additional relevant information, feel free to update this page. If you are not comfortable editing the page directly, please email me with the information at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- Date: 16 Aug 1845
- Location: Patterson Twp, Darke Co, OH, USA
With Mary Ann Mendenhall
- Pernina "Nina" Brandon (b 16 Aug 1872 in Patterson Twp, OH, m Henry Harrison Straker, d 28 Jun 1941)
- Webster Pearson Brandon (b 23 Oct 1873 in Patterson Twp, OH, m Della Cruse, d 1922)
- David Clement Brandon
- Alfred Elliott Brandon (b 13 Aug 1877 in Patterson Twp, OH, m Viola Butts, d 1939 in Darke Co, OH)
- Sarah "Sadie" Etta Brandon (b 14 Mar 1879 in Darke Co, OH, m James Christian)
- Alice Belle Brandon (b 17 Sep 1881 in Darke Co, OH, d 25 Apr 1882 in Darke Co, OH)
- Lettie E Brandon (b 18 Mar 1884 in Darke Co, OH, d 14 Aug 1885 in Darke Co, OH)
- Thomas Brandon (b 28 Jan 1886 in Patterson Twp, OH, m Etta May Bates, m Estella M Houston, d 1966 in Celina, OH)
- Basil B Brandon (b 4 Jun 1888 in Patterson Twp, OH, m Nellie Elizabeth Reed, d 24 Jan 1968)
- Plumma Brandon (b 1 Aug 1890 in Darke Co, OH, d 25 Feb 1894 in Darke Co, OH)
- Robert Brandon Jr
- Patterson, OH (1850, 1860, 1880 Censuses)
- Wayne, OH (1910 Census)
- Mary Ann Mendenhall (married 28 Feb 1871 in Darke Co, OH - W W Richardson Officiating)
- Date: 10 Jun 1912
- Location: Versailles, Darke Co, OH, USA
- Burial: Greenlawn Cemetery, Darke Co, OH, USA
- RGB decided to give up farming and move to Versailles prior to 1912
- SUDDEN DEATH IN VERSAILLES
- Robert Brandon, One of the most Prominent of the Retired Citizens of Versailles, died Suddenly at his Residence the Evening of June 10, 1912
- Apparently enjoying the best of health the announcement of the death, at his residence in Versailles, of Robert Brandon, the evening of the 10th. inst., from causes unknown, was a great shock to the community. All the day preceding his death there was no evidence of infirmity, except a complaint from the deceased a few minutes before retiring that he felt tired. Nothing unusual could appear from that, but a few minutes later his wife went into the sleeping room and found him dead. There had been no intimation of impending distress and the conclusion is arrived at that death was due to cerebral hemorrhage, soon after he retired.
- He was 67 years of age, a farmer most of his life, but resided in Versailles the past four years, retired. The survivors are a wife, two daughters and five sons, who were present at he funeral services from the Christian, at 2 o'clock Thursday afternoon, 13th. inst.
- David Clement Brandon page on this wiki
- Rootsweb "OHDARKE-L Archives"
- Rootsweb "Sonntag-Ward"
- Rootsweb "Hole & Baker Family"
- Rootsweb "Clark and Allied Families 2005"
- A Mendenhall Descendancy
- Descendants of Levi Gibby Brandon
- Rootsweb "Ruddick Family"
- Rootsweb "The BLAKELEY - MARRA Family Archive"
- Rootsweb "Our Family Vine - No AKA's"
- Rootsweb "Carnes Family"
- Rootsweb "Sneed Family"
- Rootsweb "Them to Us"
- Rootsweb "Descendants of George and Alice Maris" (PDF as of 1 Jul 2007 here)
- Rootsweb ""
- Rootsweb "Shepherd Family Tree/ Mike Shepherd /Norita Moss"
- FamilySearch Anceestral File
- FamilySearch IGI
- FamilySearch IGI (Another)
- FamilySearch Pedigree Resource File
- FamilySearch Pedigree Resource File (Another)
- FamilySearch Pedigree Resource File (A Third)
- DAVIDSONS in Darke Co., OH
- Some PEARSONs of America
- The Arnold and Moberly Family Genealogy
- Rootsweb BRANDON-L Archives
- A Preliminary survey of the History of the PEARSON FAMILY
- Email from email@example.com 2007-02-18 18:58:08 UTC including John1662.GED
- Email from firstname.lastname@example.org 2007-03-25 20:57:51 UTC including D.C Brandon Homestead Story .PDF and Diary Hiram Harvey Hurlburt Jr. .PDF
- Email from email@example.com 2007-05-24 01:14:20 UTC
- The Levi Gibby source gives Alfred's birth as Nov instead of Aug.
- The Levi Gibby source gives Lettie's name as Lottie.
- The Family Vine source gives birth in Palestine, Nowata Co, OK and burial in Black Swamp Cemetary in Versailles, but I am going with the other sources for the moment.
- The John 1662 GEDCOM has some spelling differences on some of the children's names, and lists a Robert Brandon as a child of Robert G Brandon that I have not seen listed elsewhere. I have included Robert Brandon Jr above for now.
- Ruth Marilyn Brandon indicates that the David Clement Brandon farmhouse in Versailles, OH may have originally belonged to RGB.
- This page featured on Abulsme.com on 26 Jun 2007