James Mason Anderson
This page is part of the Genealogy Research being done by Samuel Antonio Minter. It represents the best information I have at this time on this individual. This site is a Wiki open to be edited by anyone. If you see errors, or have additional relevant information, feel free to update this page. If you are not comfortable editing the page directly, please email me with the information at email@example.com. Thank you!
- Date: 28 Jan 1784
- Location: Ben's Creek, South Carolina, USA
With Mary Miller
- David Perrin Anderson
- Nancy Miller Anderson (b 14 Sep 1812)
- Henrietta Anderson (b 14 Jan 1814)
- John Crawford Anderson (b 24 Apr 1817)
- William Washington Anderson (b 14 Apr 1819)
- Henry Miller Anderson (12 Apr 1821)
- Michael Miller Anderson (20 Apr 1823 in SC)
- James Alexander Anderson (b 20 Dec 1828 is SC)
- Franklin Leland Anderson (b 30 Jan 1830 in SC)
- Mason Gilliland Anderson (b 15 Feb 1832 in Spartanburg Co, SC)
- Spartanburg District, SC, USA (20 Aug 1850 Census)
- Mary Miller (married 22 Feb 1810 in Laurens, Greenville Co, SC)
- Date: 24 Jun 1870
- Location: Spartanburg Co, SC, USA
- Burial: Jun 1870 Nazareth Presbyterian Church, Spartanburg Co, SC, USA
- Was known as "Tyger Jim" Anderson
- Bought a Mill on the Tyger River in 1831. The mill is now known as Anderson Mill and is being renovated. It is the oldest mill in South Carolina still on the original foundation and was the site of the first court held in Spartanbrg Co.
- Email from firstname.lastname@example.org 2006-05-01 16:01:11 UTC
- Rootsweb "Bentley, Davis, Bennett and Nodine branches of Karen's family"
- FamilySearch Pedigree Resource File
- FamilySearch Ancestral File
- FamilySearch IGI North America
- FamilySearch IGI North America (another)
- Anderson Mill
- Email from email@example.com 2009-09-07 23:17:54 UTC
- There is a "Whole Anderson Book" which Harriet Maria Smith made Mary Sue Wootton get. I believe this refers to A history of the Anderson family, 1706-1955: Through the descendants of James Mason Anderson and his wife, May Polly Miller. This book has "all of Tyger Jim's connections. Note that Amazon has the title incorrect. I have a physical copy of the book, and it is Mary "Polly" Miller.
- The FamilySearch Pedigree file gives a death in Greenvile Co, but I am leaving it as Spartansburg Co as everything else is there unlessI find more evidence to the contrary.
- Mother's name is sometimes spelled Mason. First name is sometimes given as Maria rather than Miriam.
- Wife is also listed as Mary "Polly" Miller, May Polly Miller, Mary Miller or just Polly Miller. Polly appears to be a nickname, as it appears in quotes in the Anderson book, which seems to be the most authoritative source, so I will reference her here as simply Mary Miller.
- There was a reunion of the descendants of JMA at Nazareth Presbyterian Church in Spartanburg County, South Carolina, August 7-8, 2009. These reunions occur every five years.