James Logan Jr
This page is part of the Genealogy Research being done by Samuel Antonio Minter. It represents the best information I have at this time on this individual. This site is a Wiki open to be edited by anyone. If you see errors, or have additional relevant information, feel free to update this page. If you are not comfortable editing the page directly, please email me with the information at email@example.com. Thank you!
- Date: 11 Sep 1767
- Location: Washington County, PA, Kingdom of Great Britain
- Father: James Logan
- Mother: UNKNOWN
- William Logan (b 13 Oct 1791 in PA; m Elizabeth Ray Powers 24 Aug 1815 in Fleming Co, KY; d 10 Jan 1873 in Rowan Co, KY)
- Julia Hannah Logan (b 8 Mar 1793 in PA; m Abraham Enix 23 Aug 1810 in Fleming Co, KY; d Mar 1876 in Lewis Co, KY)
- Mary Logan (b 22 Apr 1795 in KY; m William J Simpson 27 Oct 1817 in Lewis Co, KY; m Joseph Taylor 24 Sep 1829 in Lewis Co, KY; d 29 Jun 1861 in Logan Twp, Peoria Co, IL)
- John M Logan (b 1796 in KY; m Elenore Winslow Parker 26 Dec 1821 in Lewis Co, KY; d after 1860 in Marion Co, IA)
- Tobias Logan (b 1796 in Rowan Co, KY; m Mary Ann "Polly" Taber 21 Feb 1821; d 1870 in Carter Co, KY)
- Lydia Logan (b ~1800 in KY; m Hiram Day 1 Oct 1821 in Floyd Co, KY)
- Elizabeth Logan
- Edward Logan (b 5 Nov 1806 in Fleming Co, KY; m Minerva Thomas 10 Feb 1827 Lewis Co KY; d 18 Aug 1885 in Greenup Co, KY)
With Mary ???
- Susannah Logan (b 1809 in KY; m George Penland 2 Mar 1827 in Lewis Co, KY; d 26 Mar 1876 in Carter Co, KY)
- Abraham Logan (b 1813 in Fleming Co, KY; m Julia Ann Choate 26 Oct 1837 Lewis Co, KY; m Martha June Brammer 7 Jun 1861 Carter Co, KY; ; m Annie Boston 1 Jan 1892 Greenup Co, KY; d ~1900 in Greenup Co, KY)
- Moses Logan (b ~1817 in KY; m Esther Gorman 22 May 1834 Lewis Co KY; d 2 Feb 1870 in Lewis Co, KY)
- Harrison Co, KY, USA (1796-1805)
- Lewis Co, KY, USA (1828-1838)
- Caroline Elizabeth Hughes (m ~1790)
- Mary ??? (b ~1780, m ~1808)
- Date: 1838
- Location: Lewis County, KY, USA
- From "History of Kentucky and Kentuckians: Biography of Daniel Boone Logan"
- He found much to do in the new country besides winning a homestead from the wilderness in fighting the Indians for the Redskins at that time had not given up their claim to the state as their own hunting grounds. He participated in the battle of Blue Licks, now in Nicholas county, Kentucky, and was severely wounded in the engagement. Subsequently he located in that part of the state, in 1790, the section with which he was most familiar being now divided into Rowan, Fleming, Carter, Lewis and Boyd counties. He took as his wife Caroline Elizabeth Hughes, a young woman of Keystone State stock. They reared a family of fine sons and daughters, the sons being William, Moses, Abraham, Edward, and Tobias, the latter grandfather of Daniel Boone Logan; and the daughters were Julia, Susan, Sarah, and Elizabeth.
- James' pension application for the Revolutionary was was disallowed by the Federal Government because his service was in 1792, after the end of the Revolutionary War.
- Relocated from Pennsylvania to Kentucky ~1794
- Email from firstname.lastname@example.org 2006-10-12 01:05:25 UTC
- Email from email@example.com 2006-10-15 02:37:57 UTC
- "The Lawyers and Lawmakers of Kentucky" gives the name of the father of the younger James Logan as William Logan and gives says he settled in North Carolina rather than Pennsylvania. Bruce Logan's document however states that he proved the younger James Logan came from Pennsylvania, leading more credence to the James Logan ancestry and story rather than the William Logan ancestry, so I'm going with that here.
- Bruce Logan's document says that James is "from" Washington Co, PA. I am taking that as meaning "born", but that is not certain.
- Bruce Logan indicates that the evidence for the second marriage is "questionable".
- The History of Kentucky source lists another daughter "Susan". Since the listing of children later in the Bruce Logan document is more detailed, I'm going with that listing and assuming "Susan" was just mixed up with one of the other daughters.
- The second child's name is apparently "Julian" even though she is female, although some sources list her as "Julia".